Mother and Son rescued from fire in St. Catharines
A mother and son were rescued from a house fire in St. Catharines this morning.
Fire officials were called to 10 Elm Park Place just after 8:15 after a dryer caught fire.
The mother and son were rescued by firefighters through a bedroom window.
The mother was taken to hospital and treated for smoke inhalation.
The investigation continues as fire officials remind residents that lint trapped inside dryers, ducts and vents is flammable and can clog airways, causing appliances to overheat and create fire hazards.