Larry's Weekly News QUIZ
When I was a kid my teacher always said before a quiz, “Put on your thinking caps.” For years I thought that kind of head wear actually existed and I hoped one day to get one to help me through school.
And now here I am, administering the quizzes. All I can say is, “Good luck to you.” 10 questions. When you are done, click the answer button, count up your score and give yourself the appropriate rating. If you actually have a thinking cap, they are disallowed. Sorry.
1. It was said Nik Zoricic died doing what he loved to do best. What was that?
2. Name the Canadian songstress kicked off a VIA Rail train because she took her dog on board in the passenger area.
3. The CEO of Ontario Lottery and Gaming is Rod Phillips? Who is the chair of the commission?
4. The slots at Fort Erie were closed by OLG as of April 30, 2012. Name one of the other two cities whose slots met a similar fate.
5. MP’s stayed up late this week to pass Bill C-33, some say a labor bill targeted to keep which company operational during March break and beyond?
6. Sidney Crosby returned to the NHL with the Pittsburgh Penguins in a game played in which NHL city?
7. Of the faces below, which mega-star got their start on the television show 21 Jump Street, and appears in a cameo in the movie based on the series?
8. Canada is looking to replace its F-18 fighter jets by the end of the decade. The purchase has so far been controversial. The proposed new jets are designated as F-? (Hint: It’s a number.)
9. Early love letters to the woman he would eventually marry were revealed this week, written by which U.S. president?
10. Pierre’s Poutine is a restaurant in Guelph. Pierre Poutine was an alias used by someone to allegedly make what?
8-10 – Cherry, Cherry, Cherry
5-7 – Cherry, Cherry, Lemon
0-4 – Slots closed
For other Larry Fedoruk features and blogs, click here.