NewsTalk 610 CKTB proudly sponsors PenFinancial Credit Union’s 4th Annual Skates for Kids Program in Niagara.
Schools chosen by application in 2012 are Prince of Wales in Thorold, St. Therese in Port Colborne, St. Elizabeth in Wainfleet and Crystal Beach Public School in Crystal Beach.
With you help and generous donations, these recipient schools will enjoy a free day of skating at their local arenas including snacks and drinks and use the skates to continue a school wide skating program
Since the program was created in 2009, over 1,800 pairs of gently used skates and over 300 new helmets were donated to schools in the Niagara Region to assist in developing a school wide skating program. In addition PenFinancial has organized free skate days for all sponsored schools.
You can donate your gently used skates and helmets off at any of the following drop off locations till September 21st, which include:
- All PenFinancial Credit Union Branches
St. Catharines: Lake Street, Bunting Road, Heritage (across from Brock)
Niagara Falls: Dorchester Road, Huggins Street
Welland: East Main Street
- All Fort Erie Credit Union Branch locations (Jarvis Street & Garrison Road)
- All Front row Sports locations (Thorold Store, St. Catharines Fourpad, Niagara Falls Gale Centre, and Fort Erie Leisureplex)
- Silvestri Sports (Welland)
- PowerPlay Sports (Niagara Falls)
- Don Cherry’s Sports Grill (Port Colborne)
- M.T Bellies (Welland)
- Sun Media Offices (Standard, Tribune, Review)
- Port Cares (Port Colborne)
If you have any questions or would like to make any inquiries, contact Josh Juhlke, the Skates for Kids Program Coordinator at 289-820-9744 x247 or at email@example.com.